WALTON COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — A Walton County school teacher is arrested after soliciting a romantic relationship with a student and sending inappropriate photos via text message.
Robert Hartness, 52, was arrested by the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office Thursday on a Walton County Sheriff’s Office arrest warrant.
Hartness is a teacher at South Walton High School in Santa Rosa Beach.
The charges stem from a student who reported the teacher sent inappropriate images and attempted an inappropriate relationship with her over text message, WCSO adds.
Hartness is charged with soliciting a romantic relationship with a student as an authority figure and use of a two-way communication device to facilitate a felony. He was arrested and booked into the Okaloosa County Saturday, Dec. 28. He was denied bond.
- Lynn Haven raises millage rate, approves budget for fiscal year 2021
- Hurricane Eloise hit the Panhandle 45 years ago
- Bay preparing to take on in-county rival Mosley on Thursday
- Mosley volleyball beats Arnold for third straight win of the week
- Destination Panama City Visitors Center groundbreaking