Tuesday is National Voter Registration Day, a day to remind citizens to register to vote ahead of the general election November 6th.
From 10 to 2pm representatives from the Bay County Supervisor of Elections Office will be at ten different locations around the county. They will have forms ready to register voters, all you have to do is show up, fill out the form and you’ll receive a confirmation and voter card in the mail within 7 to 14 days.
The Supervisor of Elections Office also will recognize several voters who are 100 years of age and voted in last year’s election. They’ll get a coin and certificate to celebrate the milestone.
“If someone is 100 years of age think of all the things they’ve lived through, the Voters Registration Act, the Civil Rights Act… There are a whole number of issues and things we’ve gone through in our country, I think they deserve some recognition and let them know we appreciate them,” said Bay County Supervisor of Elections Mark Andersen.
The last day to register for the general election is October 9th.
Mega Drive Locations:
• Beef O Brady’s (2310 S Hwy 77 Ste #350)
• Cathey’s Hardware and Tackle (3004 US Hwy 98)
• Glenwood Community Center (722 E 9th Ct)
• Mid-South Lumber (12904 Hwy 231)
• PCB Library (12500 Hutchison Blvd)
• Panama City Mall (2150 MLK Blvd – Food Court)
• Planet Fitness (208 S Tyndall Pkwy)
• Sequence Fitness (200 N Richard Jackson Blvd)
• Tractor Supply (6922 FL Hwy 77)
• Winn Dixie (1812 FL Hwy 77 S Ste #119)