Freeport home saved in fire two days before Thanksgiving

Walton County

FREEPORT, Fla. (WMBB) — Walton County Fire Rescue reportedly saved a Freeport home and family pets on Tuesday evening.

Walton County fire officials said firefighters responded to smoke detectors going off in a home, where they later discovered a fire in a bathroom in the house.

None of the residents were home, but the rescue team removed three family dogs safely from the house.

The fire began to spread through the ceiling into the attic. However, firefighters were able to isolate the fire in the bathroom to keep it from spreading to other parts of the house.

Walton County fire officials said the fire was reportedly started by an electrical issue.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Local News Video

Mexico Beach welcomes the holiday season

Panama City Center for the Arts brings the Rockette experience to Bay County ahead of holiday season

12/6/21

"Stuff the Bus" kicks off on Sunday

BCSO needs volunteers for Project 25 shopping night

PCBPD to hold 'Christmas with Cops' holiday event on December 10

More Local News

Don't Miss