TAMPA (CNN/WFLA) — Publix is donating $250,000 to Hurricane Dorian relief efforts in the Bahamas.
Based in Florida, Publix likely knows how difficult it can be to recover from hurricanes.
Dorian devastated Grand Bahama and its surrounding islands as a Category 5 storm earlier this week. At one point, it stalled for about 15 hours and pummeled the area nonstop with wind and rain.
- Commodores set to host Tallahassee for sophomore day
- Super Tuesday countdown: Texas may be a make-or-break for 2020 Democratic candidates
- Panama City Police receive donated NARCAN
- Florida CFO and State Fire Marshal holds firefighter roundtable on Coronavirus preparations
- How to be prepared for when an earthquake hits