TAMPA (CNN/WFLA) — Publix is donating $250,000 to Hurricane Dorian relief efforts in the Bahamas.
Based in Florida, Publix likely knows how difficult it can be to recover from hurricanes.
Dorian devastated Grand Bahama and its surrounding islands as a Category 5 storm earlier this week. At one point, it stalled for about 15 hours and pummeled the area nonstop with wind and rain.
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand halfway through August
- Some Washington County schools to receive on-campus rapid COVID-19 testing
- Nestle delivers water to three Washington County schools ahead of the new school year
- St. Joe Company announces new hotel in Seagrove Beach
- Local elementary school prepares parents for first day