Several counties and cities throughout the Panhandle are reporting road closures due to flooding.
All Roads in Washington County are closed. County officials said the heavy rainfall and road conditions are extremely dangerous. The only exception is for emergency vehicles and essential critical travel.
County officials warn that all barricades are in use and it is possible motorists will be traveling across damaged roads without warning.
All roads in Holmes County are closed except for emergency services and their vehicles.
LYNN HAVEN ROAD CLOSURES:
As of 4:30 a.m. Wednesday, the following roads were reported:
W Hwy 390 Closed from Mowat to 77
Havenwood Apts. (1600 FL Av)
5th St. Ballpark and surrounding areas
E Hwy 390 @ Harvard
All of Bell Circle area
E Hwy 390/ Colorado to Texas
W 11th VT-NH
BAY COUNTY ROAD CLOSURES:
Ed Lee Road Bridge
Hwy. 79 at School Road (south of West Bay Bridge)
N. Lagoon Drive/Thomas Drive
N. Lagoon and Laurie Ave.
Entrance to Grand Lagoon Shores underwater
Parts of S. Lagoon Drive
Parts of Hwy. 22 flooded
In front of Deer Point Elementary
Beach Drive water rising close to homes
Harvard entrance to Derby Woods impassable
Parts of Hwy 77 impassable
Hwy 98 in Mexico Beach closed
Country Club Drive/Par Drive underwater
Old Bicycle Bridge between Tracy Way and Seamans Lane water cresting over bridge
N. Bear Creek impassable
Flyover/Hathaway has one lane open
Thomas Drive and Joan Avenue
Dunes of Panama on Thomas Dr.
Tyndall Parkway and E 11th St.
Northshore development area experiencing much flooding as canals are rising–Northshore Rd now impassable.
W. 19th St. near Michigan Ave under 4-5ft water and impassable.
And all low lying roads that typically hold water during heavy rains are flooded.
PLEASE STAY OFF BAY COUNTY ROADS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.
WALTON COUNTY ROAD CLOSURES:
The following roads are closed as of 5:45 a.m. Wednesday, September 16, due to flooding from Hurricane Sally.
◼️ North Walton:
Boy Scout Road (North of Boy Scout Camp)
W Indian Creek Ranch (at the bridge)
Sherwood Road (at Red Hill Bridge)
◼️ Central Walton:
Bunker Road (Bay County end)
Co Highway 3280 from Altman Road to Fluffy Landing Road
Red Barn Road (400 Block)
Bay Grove Road (500 Block)
Johns Lane (100 Block)
J W Hollington Road (off State Highway 20)
S Jackson St (off Hwy 20)
Clipper Cove (off Hwy 20)
Jolly Bay Road (at HWY 331 S)
Cowford Road (off HWY 20)
State Highway 81 (right before HWY 20)
◼️ South Walton West of 331 S:
Cessna Park (off Co Highway 393)
Hogtown Bayou Lane ( off Co Highway 393)
S Church Street (Entire Road)
J D Miller Road (Entire Road)
Chat Holly Road (from Hwy 331 to Co Rd 393)
Indian Woman Road (Entire Road)
Cypress Pond (1000 Block)
Norwood Drive (100 Block)
Marlin Street (between Trigger Fish and Blue Fish)
Driftwood Court (off Driftwood Point Rd)
N Lake Point Drive (off Shore Dr.)
Shore drive (off Forest Shore Dr.)
S Geronimo Street (near Arnett Lane)
Old Blue Mountain Road at HWY 98 (turn lane under water)
Commercial Parkway (off Goldsby Rd)
S Holiday Road (off HWY 98)
Duffy Lane (off S Church St)
Windancer Lane (off Norwood Dr.)
Crest Drive (at N Geronimo)
E Nursery Road (in area of Nellie Drive)
1000 block of N Church Street (off Co Highway 393)
Whisper Lane (off N Church St)
Deal Circle (off Whisper Lane)
Northside of Shipwreck Road at Driftwood Point
E Hewett Road (off Hwy 98)
S County Hwy 393 (at Cypress Pond)
Seascape Drive (off Scenic Gulf)
Colt Road (Off Chat Holley)
Bay Circle Drive (at E Hewett Rd)
Long Leaf Circle (at E Hewett Rd)
Moll Drive (off St Rita Lane)
W Harborview Rd (completely submerged)
Chat Holley Road (Hwy 331 to 393)
Russell Ave to Indian Woman Road (off Chat Holley)
JD Miller Road (off Chat Holley)
◼️ South Walton East of 331 S:
Wood Beach Drive (off N Greenwood Ave)
E Point Washington Road (off Co highway 395)
W Forest Lake Drive (at entrance to Watercolor)
Shannon Drive (at Lakewood Drive)
Beachfront Trail (at Lakewood Drive)
Lakewood Drive (at Beachfront Trail)
East CO Highway 30a (at Buds Lane)
2600 block of East Co Highway 30A (at Watercolor)
2800 block of East Co Highway 30a (at Seagrove)
N Andalusia Ave (off E CO Highway 30A)
GULF COUNTY ROAD CLOSURES:
U.S. Highway 98 – Port St. Joe (between First St and Avenue D)
This list of road closures is provided by Florida’s Department of Transportation.
- Business U.S. 98 near Arizona Chemical Company is closed due to flooding.
- State Road (S.R.) 390 from New York Avenue to Mowat School Road closed due to flooding.
- U.S. 98 in Port St. Joe between Avenue D and Avenue A is closed due to flooding.
- Pensacola International Airport has suspended operations for all arriving and departing commercial aircraft.
- I-10 is closed from the Alabama-Florida state line through the Escambia Bay Bridge due to flooding.
- The Pensacola Bay Bridge on U.S. 98 is closed to all traffic.
- The Escambia Bay Bridge on I-10 is closed due to high winds.
- The Theo Baars Bridge (S.R.292/Gulf Beach Parkway) is closed due to high winds.
- S.R. 292 at Mirella Street is closed due to flooding.
- The U.S. 98 bridge over Perdido Bay is closed due to high winds.
- U.S. 98 is closed at Paradise Lane due to flooding.
- U.S. 98 from North 13th Avenue to Baybridge Drive is closed due to flooding.
- S.R. 196 at Romana Street is closed due to flooding.
- U.S. 98 from Calhoun Avenue to Marler Street is closed due to flooding.
- U.S. 98 in Destin from Regatta Bay Boulevard to Gulfstarr Drive is closed due to flooding.
- Westbound U.S. 98 at Mary Esther Drive is closed due to flooding.
- U.S. 98 from Ferry Road to Marler Street is closed due to flooding.
- S.R. 85 at Old Ferry Road is closed due to flooding.
- U.S. 98 from Ferry Road to Brooks Street is closed due to flooding.
Santa Rosa County
- Garcon Point Bridge S.R. 281 is closed due to high winds.
- S.R. 281 (Avalon Blvd) is closed between U.S. 90 and Carol Road due to flooding.
- The outside lane of U.S. 331 just south of Chat Holley Road is closed due to flooding.
- U.S. 98 is closed from Regatta Bay Boulevard to Gulfstarr Drive/Vinnings Way due to flooding.
- U.S. 331 closed from U.S. 90 to the Alabama-Florida state line due to flooding.
- S.R. 81 near Windmill Road is closed due to flooding.