MONROE, La. — A baby bear has been spotted in North Monroe and officials are asking residents to not engage with the bear.
According to a Tweet from the City of Monroe, the bear was spotted in the Valencia & Edgewood Streets area of north Monroe on Friday morning.
The Monroe Police Department and State Wildlife & Fisheries are working to capture the bear.
Officials are asking residents to not try to engage or capture the bear.
Footage sent in by a viewer, shown above, shows the bear cub come within a few feet of a local child on Friday morning. It appears that both the bear cub and the child spooked each other, causing the cub to flee the scene.
- 14-year-old boy drowns from rip current
- Panama City man charged in shooting
- Walmart, Sam’s Club will require shoppers to wear face coverings starting July 20
- Newsfeed Now: Mask dispute turns deadly; Reporter talks battle with COVID-19
- The Red Bar to hold grand reopening July 15