WMBB Idol Official Rules
1. Sponsors. This contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by WMBB-TV (“Station”), 613 Harrison Avenue, Panama City Florida 32401 and the Panama City Mall, 2150 Martin Luther King Blvd, Panama City Florida 32405 (collectively, the “Sponsor(s)”). This Contest is void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which shall be final and not subject to appeal.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter. The Contest is open to permanent legal U.S. residents who reside within WMBB- viewing area and who have been born between June 12, 1988 and June 11, 2002. Current or former employees of WMBB-TV, Nexstar Media Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, the other Sponsors, the other television and radio stations and multichannel video programming distributors in WMBB-TV’s viewing area, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies (including anyone who prepares and/or distributes Contest materials), and the immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of all the foregoing are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
Participants are eligible to win a WMBB-TV contest or sweepstakes only once every 60 days. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest or sweepstakes. Participants are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once every six months. Text, data, or messaging rates may apply.
Additionally, all participants in this contest must also to meet the American Idol’s (hereafter the Program’s) eligibility requirements in order to potentially be cast for the show.
To participate in the Program, you must be able to prove that:
1. By June 11, 2017 you must be 15 to 28 years old (which means you must be born on or
between June 12, 1988 and June 11, 2002). If you were born before or after this window, you
are not eligible to participate this season.
2. You must be a legal U.S. resident with the unrestricted right to work in the United States
throughout the entire competition portion of the Program and through the term of any post
show agreements provided by Producer or any of the other Program Entities (as defined
3. To accept an invitation to participate in the competition portion of the Program (currently
scheduled to begin in January 2018), you must be able to demonstrate to the satisfaction of
Producer that you do not have any contractual arrangement that would prohibit you from fully
participating in the show and/or entering into any contracts required by Producer, including,
but not limited to, an exclusive recording contract, merchandising contract, a live and/or
global touring agreement and an exclusive management contract (subject to paragraph 4
4. In the event that you already have a management contract prior to your first audition in
front of the Program judges, the requirement to enter into a management contract shall not
apply to you provided that you can demonstrate to the satisfaction of Producer and 19
Entertainment that such contract commenced prior to the date of your first audition in front
of the Program judges. By accepting an invitation to be a participant, you must timely
complete and return such participant agreements, releases and all exhibits, schedules and
attachments thereto that will be furnished to you by Producer and/or 19 Entertainment.
5. You must not currently be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become a
candidate for public office until one (1) year after the initial exhibition of the final episode of
the Program in which you appear (if selected to participate).
6. As of June 11, 2017 and continuing through the completion of the competition, neither you
nor any of your immediate family members or members of your household (whether related
or not), may be an employee, officer or director of: (a) NEG Operations Inc. and all majority
owned subsidiaries (including, but not limited to, 19 Entertainment Limited, 19 Entertainment,
Inc., 19 Touring LLC, 19 Recordings Limited and 19 TV Limited) (collectively, the “19
Companies”); (b) American Idol Productions, Inc. (“Producer”); (c) American Broadcasting
Companies, Inc. (“ABC”); (d) FremantleMedia North America, Inc. (“FremantleMedia”); (e)
Telescope Inc.; (f) any of the foregoing entities’ respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated
companies; (g) any person or entity involved in the casting, auditions, development,
production, distribution, or other exploitation of the Program or any variation thereof; (h) any
known, major sponsor of the Program; or (i) any person or entity supplying services or prizes
to the Program. The entities described in the preceding sentence shall be referred to herein,
individually and collectively, as the “Program Entities.”
7. You must accurately complete all documents provided by Producer, any of the other
Program Entities or any other entity providing services to the Program.
Please note that in order to enjoy the full benefit of any prize offered as part of the Program,
you must be a legal U.S. resident with the unrestricted right to work in the United States
throughout the entire competition portion of the Program and through the term of any post
show agreements provided by Producer or any of the other Program Entities.
Producer has the sole discretion to make determinations of contestant eligibility, which are
binding and final in all respects, and Producer reserves the right to change any of the eligibility
requirements at any time. In addition, you acknowledge and agree that Producer has the sole
discretion at any time to render ineligible and disqualify any person who, in Producer’s sole
discretion, is sufficiently acquainted with the development, production, administration,
judging, exhibition or other exploitation of the Program such that his or her participation in
the Program could create the appearance of impropriety.
Any audition for the Series given to the winner(s) is subject to the American Idol Audition Terms and Conditions, which is available for review at www.americanidol.com.
3. Entry. This Contest will begin on September 9th at 8am for registration in person at the Panama City Mall. Registration will close at 10am. Sponsors reserve the right to shorten or extend registration period at their sole discretion. To enter the contest, entrants must register and provide their name, phone number, e-mail address, proof of birth date and have been born between June 12, 1988 and June 11, 2002 in order to enter. If you were born before or after this window, you are not eligible to participate.
Contestants will have 30 seconds to sing acapella in front of a panel of five Judges on September 9th at the Panama City Mall. Judging will end at 5:00PM CDT.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for technical or computer, telephone service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, busy signals, hang-ups, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or late, lost, failed, illegible, incomplete, garbled or deleted entries, transmissions, or voicemails or other network or technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or online entry, or for printing errors in any advertisement, entry form, or the rules.
An entrant may use only one email address to submit entries during the Contest. If an entrant uses multiple email addresses to submit more than one entry per day, the entrant will be disqualified. For entries submitted online, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning the e-mail address or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any automated or computer-generated entries, fake or duplicate identities, spam, or improper techniques (as determined by the Sponsor(s)) will be disqualified. Any questions regarding the validity, completeness, or number of entries submitted by an individual or the identity of the authorized account holder of an e-mail address, phone number, or social media profile shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion. The Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant who acts in a disruptive, harassing, vulgar, or unsportsmanlike manner, as determined by the Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the Sponsor(s) determine(s), in its/their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Contest (electronic or otherwise) or if technical difficulties (e.g. infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor(s)) compromise the security, fairness, integrity or administration of the Contest, the Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to void the entries at issue and/or modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted online at www.MyPanhandle.com. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Official Rules of the Contest. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE OR SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
4. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number and caliber of eligible entries received.
5. Performance Qualifications. Performances by the entrants/participants may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, any content that:
a. is obscene, offensive, sexually explicit or suggestive; violent; derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; endorses any form of hate or hate group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
b. promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
c. contains products or trademarks of any Sponsor competitor;
d. defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about any person or company;
e. contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary; contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
f. contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including, without limitation, photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
g. contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
h. contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
i. communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
j. violates any law or regulation.
6. Prize(s). There will be 10 winner(s) in this Contest. On September 9th at the conclusion of performances and after tabulation of voter scorecards 5 winner(s) will be selected by total scorecard value and notified that they won by phone or e-mail. Each of the five judges will also be able to award 1 winner each. All winner(s) will receive 1 Front of Line Pass for the American Idol Open Auditions in New Orleans on September 14th and (1) $50 Gas Gift Card. The approximate retail value of the prize(s) is $50. Entrants can win only once.
The potential winners will be contacted by a representative of the Sponsors, and must reply within 1 hour to maintain eligibility. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to select the eligible entry with the next-highest number of votes, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible entry.
All results are unofficial until winner(s) is/are verified by the Sponsor(s). Prizes may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by winner. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute for prize. Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use, merchantability, or fitness for a specific purpose, and the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for defective prizes. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to substitute a prize in their sole discretion without an on-air or off-air announcement, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Other terms and conditions may apply.
In the event production of American Idol is cancelled or postponed, the prizing may be cancelled without substitution or compensation therefor.
7. Conditions for Acceptance of the Prize(s). The winner(s) must claim the prize(s) in-person at the Station, located at 613 Harrison Avenue during regular business hours (Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM – 12:30PM & 1:00PM – 5:00 PM CDT)). Prize(s) will not be mailed under any circumstances. The prize(s) must be claimed by September 13th, 2017 or it/they will be forfeited. Winner(s) will be required to provide a valid government issued photo identification card and to execute an affidavit of eligibility and publicity and liability release prior to receiving their prize(s). The Station may require the winner’s guests, invitees, or travel companions to sign liability releases prior to receiving the prize. All unclaimed or rejected prizes will be forfeited. Failure by the winner(s) to respond to the Station’s messages, calls, e-mails or other notification will lead to forfeiture of the prize(s). Failure to completely fill out and sign all waivers, releases, or forms requested by the Station will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). The Station then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to another winner using the method described above. A winner who forfeits any prize is not eligible to win another contest or sweepstakes conducted by the Station for thirty (30) days.
If this Contest is open to entrants under the age of 18, a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian will be required to claim the prize(s) and execute all releases on behalf of the minor. If a prize winner is a minor, that winner’s travel companion must be his/her parent or legal guardian.
Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner(s) and the winner(s) may receive an IRS 1099 Form or equivalent from the Sponsor(s). The Sponsor(s) will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) is/are required to fill out any tax forms requested by the Sponsor(s) in order to receive their prize(s).
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all license and registration fees, accommodations, transportation costs, gratuities and all other items of an incidental nature. All expenses on receipt and use of prize(s) are the sole responsibility of the winner(s), the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for events that are delayed or canceled. All delays and cancellations are deemed beyond the control of the Sponsor(s). This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, game cancellations and delays, as well as all acts of nature. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any expenses incurred by Contest winners as a result of such delays or cancellations. Sponsor(s) will not be responsible for failure to supply the prize(s) by reason of any force majeure events, such as acts of God, war, terrorist attacks, unusually severe weather, labor strikes, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor(s).
By accepting the prize, the winner or winners (or, in the case of a minor, their parent/legal guardian) agree to have their name, voice, likeness, biographical information, and entry materials used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, and in any media whatsoever, including the Station and on www.mypanhandle.com, for any purpose whatsoever, worldwide, in perpetuity, without any further authorization or compensation to the winner(s).
8. Social Media. For contests or sweepstakes conducted or promoted on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, iHeartRadio, or any other social media website (each a “Social Media Site” and collectively the “Social Media Sites”), the Sponsors reserve the right to void any entrant’s entry in the Contest for failure to abide by the guidelines, policies, or procedures of the applicable Social Media Site, and to delete or remove any of entrant’s related “Likes,” comments, posts, tweets, videos, photos, user generated content, or other electronic messages, communications, or submissions at their discretion. The Sponsors also reserve the right to block, ignore, report, and/or completely prevent any entrant, account, user, or profile from accessing the Contest and/or the Sponsors’ profile(s), account(s), website(s), blog(s) or handle(s). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Social Media Sites. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold the Social Media Sites harmless from any or all claims, liability, damages, judgments, fines, costs, expenses related to or associated with their participation in this Contest. Entrants understand that by logging-in to the applicable Social Media Site, that they agree to comply with the Social Media Site’s Terms of Service, and that their personal information is subject to the Privacy Policies and information collection practices of the Social Media Site. Entrants agree that the Sponsors are not responsible for the collection, disclosure, transfer, or dissemination of their personal information, whether directly or indirectly, by third party advertisers, marketers, or any other transferees. For entries submitted through the Social Media Sites, the Sponsors may be limited to using the information in a manner set forth by the Social Media Sites and in no other way.
9. Limitation on Liability. Sponsor(s) disclaim(s) all liabilities to the winner(s) with respect to receipt and use of the prize(s). Winners and their guests or travel companions, by acceptance of their prize(s), agree to release and hold the Sponsor(s) and its/their affiliated companies, their advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, fines, and costs of any kind whatsoever (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which may be sustained directly or indirectly to persons or property in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any Contest or prize-related activity.
10. Reservation of Rights. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to make changes to these Official Rules in their sole discretion which will become effective upon announcement. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to cancel or terminate this Contest for any reason in the event that it cannot be run or administered as intended by the Sponsor(s). Any such changes or termination will be announced on mypanhandle.com.
11. Contact Information. For questions or more information about this Contest, please contact WMBB-TV at 613 Harrison Avenue, Panama City, FL 32401. For a copy of these rules, addendum, and/or list of winners please go to mypanhandle.com or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WMBB-TV within sixty (60) days of the end of this Contest.