DURHAM, N.C. (AP) – Cassius Stanley scored 21 points and made a season-high five 3-pointers to help No. 6 Duke beat Virginia Tech 88-64.
Matthew Hurt added 16 points and a season-high 10 rebounds for the Blue Devils (23-4, 13-3 Atlantic Coast Conference), who never trailed.
Duke opened the game with an 11-2 spurt that featured three 3-pointers in the first three minutes.
The Blue Devils scored on 10 of their first 12 possessions and later delivered a 19-4 run on their way to a 51-25 lead at halftime.
Vernon Carey Jr. scored 16 points and Tre Jones had 14 points for the Blue Devils.
Tyrece Radford scored 16 points to lead Virginia Tech (15-12, 6-10), which shot 37% from the field.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Gulf Coast men’s and women’s basketball teams deal with schedule changes
- Pounds of meth taken off the street in multi-agency investigation
- State legislators meet ahead of 2021 legislative session in Bay County
- Rams dominant over Braves in second half for Thursday night win
- Future of Hentz Park and its revitalization discussed at community charette