RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – Reserve forward Jericole Hellems scored 16 points and sparked a second-half comeback to give N.C. State’s NCAA Tournament hopes a boost in a 77-73 win over Pittsburgh.
With N.C. State trailing 58-51, Hellems scored nine points in three minutes, including a 3-pointer from the baseline with 6:53 remaining that gave the Wolfpack its first lead of the game.
Pitt briefly regained the lead with two Eric Hamilton free throws, but the Wolfpack scored the next eight points to grab a seven-point lead and held on to win.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Gulf Coast men’s and women’s basketball teams deal with schedule changes
- Pounds of meth taken off the street in multi-agency investigation
- State legislators meet ahead of 2021 legislative session in Bay County
- Rams dominant over Braves in second half for Thursday night win
- Future of Hentz Park and its revitalization discussed at community charette