BOSTON (AP) — Elijah Hughes scored 28 points and Buddy Boeheim added 21 to lead Syracuse to an 84-71 victory over Boston College.
Bourama Sidibe had 12 rebounds for the Orange.
Derryck Thornton scored 18 points, Jay Heath had 17 and Steffon Mitchell had 11 rebounds and 10 assists for BC.
Thornton had six and Heath had five of a school-record 19 3-pointers for the Eagles, who have lost four in a row heading into the regular-season finale against No. 7 Florida State.
- Bay District Schools teachers and staff honored at Excellence in Education Awards
- Tatiana Jones has strong performance in Gulf Coast’s season opener
- Reigning champion Chiefs dump Bills 38-24 in AFC title game
- Tyndall AFB begins vaccine distribution on base
- Super Host: Bucs become 1st to play Super Bowl at home