The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Homeschool help the dangers of flooding
- Stay-at-home order devastates Defuniak Springs hair salon
- Bay County positive COVID-19 case count rises to 24
- Tiger at NYC’s Bronx Zoo tests positive for coronavirus
- Palm Sunday services held without public; some on rooftops