SANTA ROSA BEACH, Fla. - In Walton County, a group of spring breakers were at the right place at the right time. Thanks to their quick instincts, an entire family owes the visitors their lives.
A quick run to grab breakfast, turned into a quick run to save lives.
"My friends and I were leaving to go get breakfast. When we were pulling out of our street, we noticed the side of the house was on fire. So, I immediately called the police. My friend went and banged on the door and got everyone out of the house. Luckily, the entire family was able to get out unharmed," described Ford Cleveland.
Early Monday morning, 911 calls started coming in about a large house fire on Highway 30A.
"At about 9:20 this morning, we received several 911 calls for a home that was actively involved with fire. We arrived here at Sandcastle Court in Blue Mountain Beach. We could see smoke responding from the station which is a couple miles away," explained chief of South Walton Fire District, Rick Talbert.
By the time officials arrived to the scene, the entire house was engulfed in flames. The house was heavily involved and the joining house was in danger of catching fire as well.
"My other friends went next door to the neighbors house. We got the the people out of the neighbors house because we noticed that the fire was going to get pretty big. We didn't want their house to also catch on fire and so we got the neighbors out too," explained Cleveland.
Thanks to the quick actions by this group of visitors, no one was injured and the fire fighters were able to get the blaze under control.
"Everyone is accounted for. There was heavy damage to the home. Partial damage to the adjoining structure with an active gas leak. Our fire fighters arrived on the scene very quickly. We were able to get water on the fire and were able to keep anyone else from getting hurt or any other property damage," said Chief Talbert.
Only one person was sent to the hospital as a result of emotional trauma but is expected to be okay. A part of County Road 83 to Blue Mountain Road was closed for six hours but reopened at 2 P.M. Officials say they aren't certain what started the fire but it is under investigation.
The show will be at the AMIkids building on 200 East Beach Drive.
Liberty County School Board employees and some state representatives…
Gulf Coast State College is continuing its efforts in creating a…