Former Niceville High Football Player Arrested

Edmond, Okla. - (KOCO) Former Niceville High and University of Oklahoma football player Roy Finch was arrested over the weekend after he resisted arrest and assaulted police officers, police say.

News 13s sister station in Oklahoma City, KOCO, is reporting that shortly after 6:30 a.m. Sunday, police were called to the Villas at Stonebridge, near East 33rd Street and South Boulevard, about a suspicious vehicle at the apartment complex. The caller had told police that the vehicle had been parked and running for more than an hour.

Police made contact with the man in the car and smelled marijuana, according to a police report. When officers tried to place the man in handcuffs, he swung at one of the officers, the report says.

The man, later identified as 26-year-old Finch, fought his way loose and ran southeast through the apartment complex, the police report says. Officers found Finch, and a second altercation ensued, according to police.

Police deployed a Taser, hitting Finch between his shoulders, the report says. Once on the ground, numerous officers tried placing Finch into handcuffs, but he resisted again, the report says.

"Drive stuns were applied and we were able to place Finch into custody," the police report says. "During the struggle, Finch received lacerations to the right side of his face."

Finch was arrested on complaints of assault and battery of an officer, resisting arrest and possession of marijuana.

Police officials said one officer suffered minor injuries during the incident.

Finch was primarily a running back at OU from 2010-13 and spent time as a kick returner and a wide receiver. In his four seasons as a Sooner, he amassed 1,854 offensive yards and eight touchdowns. He also returned one kickoff for a score.

Finch has spent three of the last four seasons in the Canadian Football League, playing for the Calgary Stampeders and the Ottawa Redblacks.

More Stories

Trending Stories

Latest News

Video Center